FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios booking. ETicket not issued
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:55 pm
Jccuadrado

Programs: Spg PLAT/LTG
Warms thanks for your welcome, Schultzois.

Good points you bring, i answer each of them below in red.

QUOTE=Schultzois;21162881]Sounds like this is a somewhat common problem (I'll be extra-alert in case I book a redemption on AA using Avios), but I am curious of a few things that the OP might clarify:

1 - Did you receive any kind of email confirmation to your booking? Typically I receive an e-ticket receipt by email shortly after making my booking, but I am guessing you would not have received that if the ticket was never issued. Did you receive any form of confirmation after your booking?

Jccuadrado answer: Yes. I did receive the usual email confirmation of my booking stating that it was a confirmed ticked so on and so forth. I keep it to substantiate my claim. I have been a exec club member since 1994, so i have used miles tickets extensively. Always flawlessly, i must say, until this time.

2 - I'm thinking you should have been able see your reservation in your Executive Club account after making it - is that right? Did you look at that at all after making the initial booking? With BA flights that are held but not issued (which usually only happens offline as opposed to online) I have normally noticed a message box alerting that the booking is held but not ticketed. But naturally if you had seen something like that, you'd have known something was up.

Jccuadrado answer: absolutely. It showed up in my exec clib account and i did print my itinerary from the manage-your-booking utility. No alert was flagged up at all

3 - I'm guessing that the Avios and taxes were not yet charged from your BAEC account and credit card respectively... if they were then I'd say you'd have an iron clad case that BA had taken payment for the ticket but not issued it. But if this never happened, then it's murkier, and I'd think BA might assert (unfortunately) that the transaction was never completed, and lacking definitive confirmation on your side that it had been, you should not have assumed it had.

Jccuadrado answer: Avios were charged and so far were not reimborsed. However taxes were not charged to my amex, though in the booking email said taxes were paid. So my case is, at least, half iron clad...

Whichever way it was, I do hope BA can see enough in your case to do something to take into account that it seems to have been a glitch on their end, and that it really doesn't seem right that you have had to be out-of-pocket so much because of that. If not, though, it sounds like an expensive lesson in always checking every step along the way that the reservation was made, that a ticket number was assigned, that online check-in with the operating carrier works (which it wouldn't have when the ticket has not been issued)... situations like this are exactly why probably tend to go overboard the other way in double-checking.

Good luck, and thanks for the heads-up![/QUOTE]