FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kicked off flight due to toddler crying caused by US Airways
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:06 am
theddo

Originally Posted by crosscountrytravlr
The 3 year old was buckled into his carseat (5 point harness) which was buckled into the plane. The tantrum was yelling and crying. I guess my frustration is that the whole disruption was a result of them making an error in booking our tickets - by assigning us the bulkhead row, and then waiting until moments before takeoff to make us move. I pre-boarded in order to get settled with the children and to avoid a tantrum. As most people also know- toddler tantrums are generally fast and furious. This one was over by the time we were kicked off but it was too late according to the flight attendant.

Yes, 6 hours later was the next flight. I was not about to wait around the airport all day and then take a 5 hour flight.
I can't really see why someone would be offloaded simply for crying or screaming (even if I sometimes secretly hope that they will be). Perhaps the FA got the situation wrong, had a bad day or something is lacking. My personal preference is as long as I don't threaten, assault or interfere with anything I may be grumpy.

If the decision to offload you has been made I'm guessing that's not going to change and I've never heard of anyone getting a "Off" followed by a "sorry, just kidding".

As have been stated above it would have been easier to get tickets for a flight that suited you immediately, as I'm guessing the flight the next day wasn't full and the flight in six hours was empty. It may be uncomfortable at the time to stay and fix those things but it leads to a lot less work in the long run. Since your husband was there I'm also assuming this was on the outward trip on a round trip ticket? If you travelled you should make sure the other leg isn't cancelled.

You can ask for a refund of the ticket(s) you and your family bought, and write what you wrote here. I've never had anything to do with US Airways customer relations team so I don't know how they are to work with.