FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promotion discussion thread 2013
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:07 am
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Shareholder
i am so frustrated by my attempts to get credit for the Weekend Bonus. Phone agents say it takes 60-days to post and they'll monitor my account but never do. E-mailing an inquiry to the Ambassador customer support gets a confused response saying the 5K has posted...and refers to the Stay 5 additional nights and Get 5K Bonus (which has posted to my account) instead of the Weekend Bonus (of which only one of two has posted). A response attempting to clarify this has gone unanswered for a week now, and the second 5K hasn't posted. I have another weekend stay coming up next month and am sure it will not post properly and require diligence to follow up on it.

These issues are getting to be too regular and have turned me from an IHG loyalist to look at other programs. Since I've been a member of the PC since the early HI frequent stay program days, as well as an Ambassador since its Six Continents Club days, this is not a move I will make without some regret. But it just shows how little IHG really cares about its members. (Further supported by the fact that it has not lurker here, unlike most other programs.)
Shareholder, are you referring to different accounts, or different years? as my understanding is the 5K weekend bonus is a one a year bonus, i share your frustrations with the IHG Rewards support function