FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2013, 5:58 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by cepheid
Because not everyone wants to manage 20 different accounts, and because some people (like myself) built up a lot of points in one account before MCR instituted the "one per member" rule on many of the prizes.

Multiple accounts may certainly be more flexible, but are also more work (plus you have to be careful to avoid the "no more than 5 accounts per household" rule by using multiple addresses, etc.), and for people who built up a lot of points "long ago," are not even really practical.

I've got many thousands of points banked in my account, and have had them there for a long time, before I even thought of trying to do multiple accounts. At this point, I just don't care enough to try and play the multi-account game. I'm just biding my time until a sufficiently good reward arrives that I can cash in multiple times. (I long for the days of the old gift card rates... in the early days, I cashed in for the $75 Blockbuster gift cards at 750 points each. Got $600 bucks in cards and bought myself a PS3 and a bunch of video games. In retrospect, I wonder if I contributed mildly to Blockbuster's demise. )
Its no more difficult than having to make sure your points don't expire by entering every so often.

If you use a system where you just log in, input, log out and rinse and repeat, its pretty easy. The household system is easily worked around

holding on for that reward that may or as its seeming more and more likely NEVER to arrive again (as in large good value awards) seems like such a waste

Its clear that MCR is playing the one per account limitations so they are the ones that are creating the multiple account situations. Had they allowed, you to redeem for as much as you had in an account, then I'd say you were doing it the right way, but they changed the rules in the middle of the game so I adapted. As have many others

Also, these bonus points (when they work) make it that much easier to get multiple accounts up to a useable balance pretty quick