FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best of Europe - What are your top European Starwood Properties?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:06 pm
psfcfa

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
Will be traveling to Greece in September... have already decided on 4 nights at Blue Palace, 4 nights at Mystique, and 4 nights at Grand Bretagne... would like to add one more stop and am deciding between The Romanos Costa Navarino and Santa Marina in Mykonos- where would you choose? This will all be on paid stays, so no need to factor in redemption differences if there are any. Is 4 nights in each locale a good amount of time? Many thanks.
We stayed at the Grand Bretagne in central Athens as well as the Arion/Astir Palace just outside of Athens...and I would not stay at the Grand Bretagne again. The hotel is beautiful, grand and historic...and across the street from where all protests take place, so unless you have much business in central Athens, a day trip or two should suffice. The Arion/Astir Palace complex is beautiful, cleaner, safer and more pleasant IMHO.

The Blue Palace is also gorgeous...Crete is very big, though, and you will need to figure out your transportation options if you want to explore at all.

Santorini is one of the two most beautiful places I have seen (Milford Sound in NZ the other), and 4 nights should be quite sufficient. Mystique is very pricey, though, and there are equally well-located, wonderful hotels in Oia that can be had for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price...PM me if you want a recommendation.