FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Diamond Challenge & M-Life
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:17 am
bdelvec

Originally Posted by file51
Private conversations with the Hyatt GP management team would suggest they are going to look at this on a case by case basis.
This is what I have been told as well.

I wonder if you could post what your email said on here.
When TPG posted a road map to the Diamond Challenge at the Excalibur I knew the window was about to slam shut. I wrote an email immediately to HGP requesting that they confirm my stays would count toward the challenge. They responded with an email saying simply yes because stays at M-Life properties count both for night and stay credits I had nothing to worry about. After I got that email I called the Diamond Line requested that they put a note on my file stating the above info. As other posters have noted they are taking it on a case by case basis BUT when you sign up for a challenge you are sent an email which is basically terms an conditions between you and Hyatt which states:

"To maintain your Diamond status through February 20XX, simply stay 12 eligible nights within 60 days of enrollment. During this trial period, you will also earn 1,000 bonus points per night on your first six eligible nights to redeem for free nights, room upgrades, dining, spa treatments and more."

The question is what is the definition of eligible nights. One interpretation would be anything that gets you stay/night credit another interpretation is anything Hyatt deems. Plenty of grey for lawyers to play with.

The catch to all of this is when you request the Diamond Challenge the HGP rep that approves you for the challenge send you an email that states:

"In order to maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, you would need to complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment."

So the question becomes which is the official contract? I don't have that answer but i assume there are plenty of lawyers out there willing to provide their opinions.