FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avios booking. ETicket not issued
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:06 am
Jccuadrado

Programs: Spg PLAT/LTG
Question Avios booking. ETicket not issued

On july 2nd at 6 45 am, i showed up at LGA to catch my american Eagle to DTW. Weeks before, i had booked the flight with British airways avios thru BA webpage as many instances before.

To my surprise the AA representative told me that the ticket had not been issued and that i should buy a new ticket.

After wasteless checking and argumentations, and since i had an important private business meeting in Ohio that i cold not postpone or delay, i was forced to buy a new AA one way LGA - DTW ticket at a cost of USD 704.

Once in detroit, i called BA USA helpdesk to complain and make sure that the american eagle flight MSP-LGA that i had booked for july 7 with avios thru the same BA webpage was right. She confirmed that the MSP-LGA booking was issued and she comment that my problem with the LGA- DTW flight was kind of common due to problems with the BA webpage and that i should complain when i came back to Europe.

I did make a written complain on july 10 thru BA webpage and today i got an answer stating that since the LGA-DTW ticket was not issued, they BA is not accountable and will not reimburse the USD 704 that i demanded.

Would appreciate any advice reagrding how to escalate this complain and, if is there any official admin office within the European Union that would defend my rights vs BA in this case.

Thank
Jccuadrado