FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice: WAS to MAD June 2014 for 4 people?
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:40 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'd probably hit both of UA and AA since getting to 240k on a single airline via CC bonuses might take some time. Getting to 120k on each carrier should be a snap for you.

The ideal itin would be 4 one-ways over on one carrier and 4 one-ways back on the other. However, you could go two R/T's on AA and two on UA...kids are old enough that I assume going 2 x 2 is doable. I only throw that out because getting four together in June sometimes isn't easy.

That said, right now both UA and AA *do* have workable one-stop itins with four seats together each way around your dates. No need to drive to Newark...you can get in/out of a DC airport.

I'd also look into benzemalyonnais's ANA recommendation. 80k is enough to warrant a look. Sounds like you'd need a large amount of Amex points. But hey, even if you can do one or two tickets that way, it can be worthwhile.