FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards(2013-2016).
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:54 pm
slickpokerdealer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Let me post the steps on how to use the "tricky" master cards to load blue bird

Search key words - MasterCard Master Card MC

1. Give your blue bird and ask cashier to load $200 (or whatever the MC value is)
2. Once the cashier enters the amount, the system (CC Swipe Machine or Pin Pad Machine) will ask for your confirmation on the amount. Confirm that.
3. Now swipe your Master Card
4. Before the cashier makes the move, you have to press the "cancel" button on the display screen. That's the trick. You will have just a second or two to react. So, be ready to press "cancel" as soon as you swipe your mastercard gift card. If you have new swipe machine, it might show you "change payment" along with "cancel" option. In this case, try "change payment".
5. Now it will show you the option to choose "ATM/Debit" and the system will run it as a debit and will immediately prompt you to enter the pin.
6. Key in the PIN you would have set for your MC (I always call and set the pin number in advance) and press "Enter" or "Ok" on keypad
7. Transaction will be approved

I have tested this with US Bank issued MC gift cards bought from Kroger or Staples. I assume the steps (3 to 7) will be same for buying a money order too walmart. Personally, I have not tried to buy a MO with a MC.

Hope this helps someone !!

Last edited by slickpokerdealer; Jul 28, 2013 at 11:50 am