FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Winter in Taiwan! CX F/J, JL Y, AA J/dom. F + Taipei and Kenting
Old Jul 19, 2013, 3:20 pm
incognitoMD

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
ORD-HKG on Cathay Pacific 77W First

CX 807
ORD-HKG
777-300ER
December 2012
2:00P-7:55P +1
Seat 2A

I noticed that boarding was set to begin 25 minutes prior to departure. I thought to myself that this must be silly, as AA seems to have trouble boarding a full 772 during the summer, let alone an Asian carrier boarding a 77W in less time during the holidays. Well, it turns out that the CX attendant at the Swiss lounge told the first and business class passengers that we would be boarding in a couple of minutes, which was about 10 minutes before boarding for the general passengers. She led the 4 people in first class (and a few in business class that were also at the lounge) to the gate. And about 10 minutes before the actual boarding time, first class passengers were invited to board.

At the end of the jetbridge, I entered through door 2L, and I was greeted by a FA who led me to my seat, 2A. Moments afterward, the in flight service director greeted me, followed by the purser, and first class flight attendant. The FA then offered me a predeparture drink.

She then returned with a pair of medium Shanghai Tang pajamas and an amenity kit. Menus, and newspapers were distributed afterwards.

4 out of 6 seats were occupied, and the purser thought I was traveling with the two first class passengers seated on the right side of the plane, as we all looked like college students (there was a middle-aged gentleman seated in 1D traveling alone). 1A was empty, and I basically had the left side all to myself. The cabin really felt more spacious without the overhead bins.

We departed a couple minutes early, which meant boarding 200 people into Y really can happen within 25 minutes. Maybe this is due to not having any boarding groups and doing the “everyone all at once” procedure.

We taxied out to the runway. Powerful takeoff followed and my trip was underway!

Single chime at 10,000 feet along with a blinking light meant FAs were released for duties. C, the FA, came by with warm nuts and the green tea that I ordered. Dinner orders followed.

You all have seen this probably 1341412341832947 times. Here it is again!

My selections were the starter, king prawn salad, mushroom soup, lobster entrée, and a red bean soup for desert, followed by chocolates. Dinner service ended afterwards, and I quietly toured the plane without asking anyone for permission..