FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - From Die Weltstadt mit Herz to to Mokum: A Journey by Train (w/ photos and video)
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:15 pm
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Nice report, enjoyed reading it.

I also have taken this train from Paris to Berlin, and then from Berlin to Amsterdam. Its a nice train, especially travelling in first class
Indeed it is! We took the CityNightLine from Italy on our way into Germany, but our experience was much different. We slept in the bicycle car because our professor had mistakenly booked our train tickets for the wrong date . So first class was a major treat! Have you had any experience with the DB first lounges? Did we miss anything?

Originally Posted by BA5E
Thank you for sharing your train TR very interesting, have never done a train trip in Europe, but have done many sleeper trips from London to Glasgow//Oban which is on the west coast of Scotland. My sleeper cabin never had a self contained shower area only a basin, so that certainly was a nice luxury you encountered. Thanks again^
Thanks! Sleeper trains are fantastic because you really don't lose any time. The shower was really impressive. It even had a good supply of hot water! I'll definitely take a sleeper train again.