FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Firenze – Florence, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:36 am
tbm13

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
AC Hotel Firenze by Marriott

I stayed at the AC Hotel Firenze a couple weeks ago. My impression was that it's a fairly nice hotel but there's nothing special about it.

The location is also not special. While the hotel is within walking distance to the train station and to some sightseeing spots, it's not really in the city centre.

Breakfast was the usual mix of hot items (sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon) and various bread/pastries. Breakfast was included in my room rate. I noticed that they never asked for my room number, so I wonder if all room rates include breakfast.

The mini-bar is not complimentary anymore (as of January, I believe).

As a Platinum member, I received wifi codes for every day of my stay for both my laptop and phone.

There are fixed taxi fares from the airport to Florence hotels. As the AC is fairly close to the hotel, the prices are imho a bit high but there's nothing you can do about it. The fixed fares are 20 EUR during the week, 22 EUR on weekends and holidays and 23.30 EUR during the night. In addition to this fixed fee, you also pay 1 EUR per luggage and (from the hotel) 2 or 3 EUR for calling the taxi (This is paid to the taxi, not the hotel).