FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2013] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Jul 8, 2013, 7:08 am
pineapple_09

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by BavarianHerz
Thanks! I will request today! I think they may be getting sick of me asking questions by email. I was pressuring them for the longest time to send instructions on how to book the sea plane, but they never really specifically indicated that they arranged the flights and you paid when you arrived at check-in. I was expecting a more "typical' booking arrangement.

So to get this right....Beach Villa Higher Numbers on House Reef Side. Water Villa Facing House Reef too? or Facing out? I think I may be a more sunrise kind of guy...as I am up usually before it.
You don't need to be questioning them on the seaplane!!! They take care of that for you! All you need to do is tell them your flight details (where you are flying in from, the airline, flight number and arrival / departure times). They arrange seaplane ^

Here's the map:
http://www.clubairtravel.co.uk/maldives/conrad/

You want sunrise side for the beach villa as they face the house reef, i.e. 201 - 208 and 213 - 216. If it were me, I would request the higher 200s, 213 - 216. Or if going with the sunset side beach villas, go for the higher numbers also (as the beach is bigger) so say 115 - 123. But perhaps someone else can give a second opinion on that as I haven't stayed in a beach villa so maybe I'm not the best person to advise!

You want sunset side for the water villa, regardless of if you are a sunrise kind of a guy or not. The sunset side is nicer, it faces out to the edge of the lagoon and ocean so there is nothing to see but ocean. The sunrise side water villas face the bigger island and the Retreat Water Villas. Yes they are still lovely but the sunset side is better