FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:33 am
uk1
Suspended

IC Vienna

Don't write repeat reviews when there's nothing new to say - but felt the changes at this property had reached a tipping point for us.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Not really

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Cheapest received our chosen upgrade to studio suite. Normally offered better but we like the studios.

How are the rooms?

Excellent. Great housekeeping although they didn't replace the pens as often ..... Some nights no turndown or evening service.

How is the exec. lounge?

Terrible. The lounge itself is great and the staff are lovely, but the combination of noticeable cost-cutting and allowing unaccompanied children to use the lounge as a play room marred the use.

Did you receive a welcome gift?

Wine and a mini-Sachertorte

How was the minibar?

OK - no sparkling wine and seems to be a lot of water and less soft drinks

What was good and what was bad?

-Good

+The staff are still fabulous but the reduced number means there are less people and they seem less experienced.

+We ordered room service breakfast on the last day and that is an RA perq to choose as an alternative to the main restaurant or club. It was fabulous. I think it's daft to use the club lounge or the bun-fight in the main restaurant when you can have it all on room service.

-Bad

-The lounge had been deteriorating over the years but now the frugal mean unreplenished and sometimes strange food options, the cold buffets, reduced breakfast choice (does a cold frankfurter and cold scrambled egg constitute an adequate hot breakfast choice) and the lack of action with respect to childrten being left in the lounge to play on the computers all day and run around screaming and making a nuisance of themselves makes the lounge an unattractive option.

- TV channels for Brits. Even BBC World appears to have gone. Luckily I had my ipad slingbox app and managed to plug my ipad into the TV via HDMI so effectively had my sky, and humax and live freeview TV whilst there. Otherwise we'd have been pretty dire without it - there's only so much BBC news you can watch .....

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

It was great value - but value isn't everything - and the lounge is an important part of our leisure stays and management seem not to want to annoy one section of their customers and are prepared to annoy the rest.

Would you return?[/QUOTE]

We have been visiting three times a year but now we're going to give it a miss for a while. We're dissapointed to have decided this.