FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - Codes & Coupons ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:36 pm
Navyblue

Programs: Skywards, BA Executive Club, Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Question South Africa - Codes & Coupons ?

Hi Everyone , first post. I've read and searched as much as i can but bear with me if i have missed the obvious before posting.

I'm an Avis Preferred customer with one rental under my belt , looking to book 23 days car hire from Cape Town Airport in South Africa in December using the Avis UK site.

My preference is the Medium Compact Toyota Corolla , manual shift and the best price i'm getting is £447 . Logging in with my Preferred details makes no difference to the price and neither do older codes i found on here ( in posts back in January ) for BA Executive Club .

I'm also registered with Flying blue , Emirates Skywards & United Airlines frequent flyer schemes at the basic levels, but not aware of any Avis codes for price discounts for them.

I have tried pricing through the Avis South Africa and USA sites , both are more expensive. South Africa 50% more

Does anyone know of any codes that i can reasonably use ?

I have Amex , Visa & Mastercards but again searching didn't turn up anything.

I could join Costco or similar in the UK if there is a useable discount worth it.

I could try another company, Holiday Auto's was £70 cheaper but they are a broker and i had great service when i rented from the Avis Cape Town Airport branch last year.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

UPDATE - Have searched further around the site and used this code S754600 which dropped the price by £50 when i booked so i am well happy

Last edited by Navyblue; Jul 6, 2013 at 1:25 pm Reason: Update