FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:07 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
No one seems to be able to answer
Can you be approved for and receive bonuses for different types of Citi AAdvantage cards from VISA at different "levels"?

Applied for the Citi Gold AAdvantage 40k offer in Jan, but apparently Citi received it as the Citi Visa CLASSIC. Got this cruddy looking grey card with red & blue AAdvantage logo. Still got the 30k offer.

Could I apply for the Citi Platinum Visa 50k offer on my next AoR in August and be approved on the premise that I didn't have the PLATINUM Visa previously?
It has already been answered before, just a few pages back!

It has nothing to do with Gold vs Platinum, it has nothing to do with Visa vs MC!

It has to do only with the terms of the specific offer!

If you find an offer that is "highly churnable", you can apply for it and get the bonus. If you find an offer that has "restricted churnability", they you are not likely to get the bonus unless it's been 12 to 18 to 26 months since you last appied for any personal AA card.

(If you have an offer that is "highly churnable", you can even apply for a second card of the same exact type / level /etc as you already have. If you find an offer that has "restricted churnability", even if you've cancelled all your Citi AA cards months ago it may not even help!)

Post on recent pages explain about T&C language and list the differences between particular offers. Please read those. Your question have already been answered, if you know how to recognize the answers!