FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FLY AA 77W with less taxes!
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:03 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
LH has a new Business class, iirc, but it's far from fully deployed. The LH Business class I flew in last month DFW-FRA in an A330 compared poorly with AA's NGBC, in terms of hard and soft product. Count me as among the very unenthused. (80d from BA 62A due to BA's late arrival and departure forcing me to miss my originally scheduled flight to VCE and the lack of available seats ex-LHR and LGW for two more days incited me to check available seats elsewhere and requesting reaccommodoation.)

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Before you get all crazy about Lufthansa business class, you might want to check out Lucky's post about a recent trip, which seems to indicate that his generally enthusiastic reviews about Lufthansa should be limited to what's in front of the first-class door: http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...n-eight-seats/. But, his thoughts suggest a boost for your alternative plans to fly Aer Lingus.

An airline's performance in one area is not a guarantee of great performance across the board.

Generally, if you are flying international Business class, you will be able to use the airline's (or alliance's) available Business lounges, in accordance with each airline's / alliance's rules. If BA or oneworld airline operates a lounge in LUX, you will be able to use it, and at LHR the Admirals Club (or BA, or CX lounges for that matter), and again at JFK the Admirals Club after you process formalities and go back landside. There is an extensive Help Desk thread that deals with AA-related lounge access, easily found from the FAQ. Threads detailing other ways of avoiding excessive taxes and fees, etc. are also quite common; some of the bloggers actually glean their information from Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by drdrew450
so if I am flying business class, I can visit the lounge in lux, london, and nyc for no extra charge? Is it just the lounge of the airplane I am flying? I have never flown international business, I have flown domestic first but hardly the same thing.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 28, 2013 at 10:08 am