FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of IHG Rate Codes
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:53 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
Yes, this seems to be the case because the one hotel I looked at (which is the only IC I want) is only showing the rate through the end of this year. So, I think I'll wait until we're closer in time.

Quite a few of the corporate rates do show that ID is required at check-in and if not furnished then Best Rate will be instituted. Am wondering what has been peoples experiences when they booked rooms using those corporate codes.
I always been asked for id when company discount is better than the global 15% discount level the majority of companies get .... or more critically when company rate is lower than the ADR.
On half my bookings ADR is a cheaper than the company rates. Where company rate is higher than ADR I am never asked.

Mainly, I use company rates because flex, pay on arrival, even though 50% of the time, company rate being a higher fee than the ADR, as company discount is usually a discount to the higher Flex rates.
This avoids exhausting my c/c limit on advance travel, and even avoids having to settle my c/c until after my stay rather than before my stay.

IHG hotels are franchises, which helps explains any inconsistant approach to asking to see your company id.
Maybe also to do with my RA status, at IC's company perks like free internet, free breakfast are muted as I get free internet and breakfast in lounge anyway, so hotel is not losing out financially on company inclusive extras.

Few Marriott stays, 100% have always been asked to show some ID.
Never used company rates at Hilton as PRxxxx codes are always a cheaper rate.