FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:26 pm
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
IC Dallas Texas

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Meh. It was barely adequate.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked King Bed Deluxe. Upgraded to top-floor split-level suite.

How are the rooms?

Always liked those suites, living room, minibar, bathroom on ground floor, a sort of odd staircase and bedroom and bathroom/bath upstairs.

How is the exec. lounge?

Was closed while I was there. They gave me 2 free drink vouchers per night and a free appetizer voucher, big deal, for the regular lobby bar. Which I was told closed at 1 am but I showed up at 12:15 and they were closing, unapologetically.

Did you receive a welcome gift?

Fruit and water. Don't remember any gift. May have been some candy.

How was the minibar?

Standard, typical

What was good and what was bad?

-Good

Free parking is a nice thing.
Two-floor suites are nice.

-Bad

Not particularly competent staff. Given wrong information about things. Was not given a minibar key, had to come back down and coincidentally another guest had the same issue. Was told I could visit the Club lounge but the Club was closed (letter from manager told me the lounge was closed for a week, my guess very few guests, and replaced with a few vouchers). Very lackadaisical.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

One of the cheapest IC in the US, if you're doing mattress runs to get your IC room nights. You can find rates of under $100 on some days. But you're paying Crowne Plaza prices for a hotel that could well be a Crowne Plaza.

Would you return?

I have but I suspect this will become a Crowne Plaza in the future or sold to someone else. It just has the air of a hotel where management doesn't really give a $%^&!. The IC Houston was a far nicer property and that was sold.