FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel to Asia from IAD or JFK in F, need advice
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:17 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by fahrradman
Strongly disagree. LH F on 744 was most comfortable hard product bar none. And the FC lounge in FRA is excellent. Have not flown SQ F or R. Have flown suites on NH, OZ and TG. NH on the ground is nothing special. TG out of BKK rocks for on the ground service (of course they do not fly to the US with F class). OZ suites on the new birds are quite nice. Better F lounge than NH in their home base. Service and catering slightly better on NH but OZ is no slouch.
You didn't read my 2nd paragraph. I did say LH FCT and new F on the 744 is good.

While NH on the ground is nothing special, food on board and service are miles ahead of LH F.

You look at the big picture to choose a product, I mean how many hours are you going to stay in the lounge compare with how many hours are you inflight ? Ask yourself would you choose LH just because of FCT in oppose to 14 hours flights in excellent service, food, and wine with SQ/OZ/NH/TG ?

Originally Posted by Kacee
On inter-asia routes, you can get SQ J (don't know about F) It's the long haul seats they don't release to *A partners.
Partially true, it is about plane types (380/345/77W), not about the routes.

You can't get SQ J for SQ11/12 NRT-SIN because it is 380, and you can't get SQ 1/2 HKG-SIN because it is 77W.

Originally Posted by scottt
Ok, another potential problem. Looks like the taxes and fees on LH, TG, and others will kill me

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/03/aero...-fees-roundup/

Am I reading this right???
That's correct, and that's why most of us use UA or US miles for award flights, as we paid unbelieveable low taxes and no fuel surcharge. (I had a 9 segments trip with UA/NH/TG/LH/LX all in F with UA miles, paid less than $150 in taxes)

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jun 20, 2013 at 1:34 pm