FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:02 pm
ChaseTheMiles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
OP was expecting to get the $10 off coupon after purchasing a gift card based on the fact that you had a coupon pop out of the machine. OP didn't need anything in hand to take advantage of the deal if it was already live. However, deal wasn't live yet, so now I'm confused how you got a coupon to pop out? Or did you not get a coupon but rather an "ad" that popped out instead informing you of an upcoming deal?
I called it a "store-printed coupon" because it's what I received after a purchase, and it still looks like a coupon when I looked at it again just now. And I posted it that day here. What was the date? Just go back and look. (I do feel a bit irritated right now. I posted what I received to this thread because I've been finding it interesting, but people are somehow doubting what I posted.) As I said before, I have no idea what triggered that coupon since I only purchased simple food items. I didn't even check the effective date until I was asked, and yes, it's interesting that I got it before it was effective.