FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Welcome reduction in those nasty redemption fees
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:45 pm
ankomonkey

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Can someone say how much the fuel surcharge has actually been reduced by? Because unless it is significant they shouldn't really be trumpeting it as some major achievement !
It was exactly £100 less on LHR<->NRT. Significant in my opinion. Not necessarily saying this is now the best use of points, but much better when you factor in the fuel surcharge reduction and reduction in miles required.

I can't believe it! A week ago we managed to scrape together the 100k miles we needed for two Y returns to Tokyo and now there is a sale and the taxes are over £200 cheaper!!
I feel for you Essexadventurer. I would be looking at the same trip, but only have enough miles for one redemption. We'll be travelling as a family of 4. I'm BA Silver, so the increased miles for my status and for the kids (as they can be part of BA HHAs but not with Virgin) and bearing in mind that BA give full miles on cheapest economy ticket but VS only give half, it's a messed up situation for me... I have enough avios to book for all 4 of us based on VS's rates. We shouldn't think too much about these things!