FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Greater Copenhagen Clip Cards and Rejsekort
Old May 31, 2013, 6:18 am
stut
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Greater Copenhagen Clip Cards and Rejsekort

For any regular visitors to Copenhagen who are used to using the Clip Card (klippekort) system, you should be aware that it is on its way out, to be replaced by the Rejsekort smart card system. Clip Cards will no longer be sold in the Greater Copenhagen area from 1st July 2013, although existing ones will be accepted for a year after that.

So, let's all get a Rejsekort, yes?

Well, it's not that simple. It turns out that they are subject to some strict anti-money-laundering regulations, so, unless you've got a Danish CPR number and Danish address, it's not simple (not least because all the documentation is in Danish).

There are three types of card: personal, flex and anonymous. Personal is free, carries discounts and can be topped up online. Flex costs Kr50 and can be topped up online. Anonymous costs Kr80 and can be topped up in person.

Personal and Flex require you to fill in two forms - one of which is online, the other of which you have to obtain from customer services. Both require you to present 2 forms of ID to obtain the card from either Copenhagen H or Norreport.

So, let's just get the anonymous card? Well, you'll have to head out to Valby if you want to do that, as nowhere in the city centre sells it.

I'm trying to get hold of a personal one right now, and am awaiting form R225 (the one for people without a CPR-number). If anyone knows any easier way to do this, please let me know. The website implies that you need to pre-fill the elusive R225 before heading to the stations, but that's not clear. Otherwise, I'll post how I get on here...