FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MR Schedule Change
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2013, 9:11 am
cagcag

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Change in fare basis:MR schedule change

Originally Posted by cagcag
I have booked/paid for seven same-day MR in Jan 2014 (PHL-PDX) with UA (I am UA Gold.) Although not notified of a schedule change, I happened to review these reservations to find a schedule change which will get me into PDX 30 minutes AFTER the first of my return flights. I obviously need to do something.
1. Should I wait, or should I address this issue now?
2. I can find alternative return flights which will yield me less miles. Can I negotiate with UA to maintain the mileage on the original flights even if I actually get booked on alternative flights which will yield fewer miles?
3. The original itineraries did not include any red-eyes; will I be forced by scheduling to accept red-eyes if offered them?
4. I really do not want to cancel these MRs; if I cannot come to some agreeable alternative flights, what are my rights as a consumer/

Thanks to anyone who will give input on my situation.
As a follow-up to my situation: The original itinerary was booked in UA "N" fare basis. I have now decided to have the miles credited to TK Miles&Smiles which apparently does not credit UA "N" miles. I still have not contacted UA concerning these itineraries which are scheduled for Jan 2014. In addition to the rerouting issue which has been discussed, can I also have UA change the fare basis to something higher than "N" which would then allow this MR to ben fully credited to TK Miles&Smiles? How long shall I wait before doing this schedule change. Once again, UA has not yet notified me about this misconnection; I found out about this by accident in checking the future itineraries. I am UA Gold. Thanks in advance for any input into this situation. You people here are invaluable to relative newcomers as I am.