FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 and earlier promotions
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2013, 3:33 am
clifford79

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by SPBanker
AY+ members can now book European flights with somewhat lower prices than normally. But the more interesting thing (for me) is the promotion that allows upgrading to biz within Europe with half points, i.e. 3500 in Northern Europe and 5000 other European routes. This is a promotion I like.
The summer upgrade promotion is on for this year as well. I couldn't find it advertised anywhere, and it didn't show up on the International-English AY site. The quoted text below is from the Finland-English website, but previous years it has not been restricted to ex-HEL, so chances are it is not the case this time either.

You might need to be logged in to your AY+ account to be able to see the offer.

Finnair Plus points enable you to fly more comfortably. Use your points to upgrade your travel class and fly business class at economy class prices.

Northern Europe: 3,750 points/one direction/person.
Rest of Europe: 5,000 points/one direction/person.

On sale 2 May – 14 August 2013 –14.8.2013
Dates between which flights must be made: valid until further notice.

Applies to new bookings. Travel class upgrades are only available for Finnair scheduled flights (there is an AY flight number on the ticket and the flight is operated by Finnair or Flybe).

35,000 points/one direction/person: Bangkok, Chongqing, Delhi, Hanoi, New York, Xi’an.
45,000 points/one direction/person: Hongkong and Singapore.

On sale 2 May – 14 August 2013
Dates between which flights must be made: 1 June – 31 October 2013 (Xi’an 16 June –26 October 2013, Hanoi 17 June – 27 October 2013)