FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Denial and Recourse
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013, 3:44 pm
RandomBaritone

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
To imply its because you are gay is really ridiculous. I know several openly gay people that have GE.
With all due respect, I wasn't implying a blanket denial of all gay folks. I was relating the fact that my interviewer's demeanor changed when he learned of my partner. He seemed to grow even more inquisitive.

That's great that you know several openly gay people.

Originally Posted by Often1
You can appeal to the ombudsman and should make it short and sweet, namely that there is nothing in your background which ought to concern CBP one bit. And, further, if there is any detail which does concern CBP, you are ready, willing & able to clear anything up.
Great advice, thanks! I haven't written a paper letter in about ten years, but I guess I'll give it a whirl.

Originally Posted by LAXative
Did you forget to list a destination? Previous address?

Did your partner get a follow up call or anything?
I was scrupulous about past addresses. I've only traveled abroad once in the period about which they asked, so that one was easy. I've been to dozens of countries, but most of that travel was decades ago.

My partner hasn't had his interview yet. He'd find it hilarious if he were approved and I were denied, given that I travel 20x more than he does. Then again, he's an Episcopal priest, so when he shows up at his interview in his clerical attire, they won't be able to turn him down.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 13, 2019 at 11:56 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member