FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Does The Right Thing- I Got My 100,000 Points
Old May 20, 2013, 2:20 pm
susiesan

Programs: AA Gold
Wow, your story could have been told by me except mine is about the 75K bonus MR points after $5K spend that I applied under in Dec. 2012. Four different times I was told on the phone that I would get the bonus points. Now I'm told I never qualified because I have other AX products in the last 12 months.

Since none of the new T & C were on the materials mailed to me or explained on the phone I have escalated my request for the bonus points promised to the corporate office. I mailed a letter and copies of relevant material on May 10 but they have not received or acknowledged it yet. I just got off the phone with someone who said whatever was on the web site when I applied online is the default T&C. He was going to pull a copy of my online app to see whether or not it said anything about bonus being limited. But I did not get a screen shot of the app so of course AX will claim it was on there and I must have overlooked it. He also told me it doesn't matter what CSR's say on the phone; the only thing that matters is what was on the app page.

I told the corporate office guy that the wording of saying "Welcome offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green, or Platinum card account within the last 12 months" is vague.
My business was the applicant for a BRG card and applied for under my company tax number. The office guy said I'm the applicant, not the business.
Why would they need the business tax ID then?

I hope I am as lucky as you in having my case resolved in my favor.