FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The points and miles blog business model
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 5:58 am
brooklynmatt

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Even a 30 per cent increase, after Randy's 50 per cent cut, implies he can get 2.5x more per spot than Google gets - which is good going. But he can deliver better than that, based on discussion I've had with BA bloggers and comparing with my AdSense numbers.
Well yes, it is good against generic google, google is one of the worst payers for adspace, though they will offer more than what he can get should your site be very niche (that's no easy task).

Most people I know who are serious about monetization don't use adsense anyway, since the amount they pass onto the blogger is such a low percentage, they would rather use affiliate links from CJ, FlexOffers etc. Many start out with it, then shift to a different system once readership has increased sufficiently.

Generally speaking I am quite positive about Randy and his approach to revenue sharing, surprisingly it is more generous that some of the other players in the space, which considering the more established nature of BA is a very decent thing.