FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old May 18, 2013, 7:33 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a Premier Room, received Premier Full Harbour View (1 level upgrade) with Club Access. Was initially offered a Junior Suite with no Club so opted for the 1 level upgrade renovated room instead.

How are the rooms?
Recently renovated Premier Rooms (was told a year old) are quite nice. A bit small but comfortable and well decorated. No standing shower, only a bathtub.

How is the exec. lounge?
The staff at the Club Lounge are fantastic, very at helpful and friendly with great service. Breakfast - small buffet and breakfast menu for hot items, afternoon tea - small selection of cakes and snacks and evening drinks (spirits, wine, champagne) with a small buffet (hot and cold items and cheese etc).

What was your welcome gift?
Suit bag

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- Great staff overall

Bad
- Even though I was recognised as an RA and saw my folio had VIP stamped on it, I had to push for a late checkout of 6pm. I was initially offered 4pm and explained to them that I am entitled to that anyway after which they offered 6pm.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Good value given benefits

Would you return?
Yes. Never tried the other IC but didn't hear great things so wouldn't bother but like the Hyatt TST as well.