FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old May 16, 2013, 9:24 pm
BOShappyflyer

Originally Posted by JATR4
Just purchased my first Vanilla Prepaid Reload at CVS. Loaded it to my Bluebird--after customer service informed me that the account number to use was my Bluebird number (my stupidity).

Paid a bill immediately after loading the Bluebird.

I am in the game!
Me too. I bought my first-ever VR card today. ^ Actually, it's a CVS that's near my workplace - I go there frequently or to buy items, greeting cards and misc items. For the longest time (basically, ever since VR was introduced), those cards are not in stock. I was there to buy a Father's Day greeting card and wanted to grab a gift card to go along with it when lo and behold, I located a stack of vanilla reload cards! I was surprised.

I plucked out one from the stack and brought it to the cashier, not confident if the transaction will be declined (happened the first time I tried it some weeks ago at another CVS). This time, it worked like a charm! Loading it to BB was pretty easy too.

Don't think I will abuse it and will only buy what I need when I need it (for petty bills here and there, i.e. regular uses, and not so much for manufactured spend). I have no illusion that VR supply will be available when I go there next time, but oh well. I just wanted to try it out having heard so much about VR on the blog-o-sphere.