FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA: YYZ-HKG $864 ai RT (4.7cpm; June)
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2013, 11:19 pm
kmfdm91

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by astroflyer
Thanks for the find. I'm debating it right now. There's basically nothing at all from Toronto. Too bad Hong Kong is so expensive!
This is a bit off-topic for sure, but Hong Kong is fairly affordable all over the place, even in Central or anywhere on the Island.

My wife and I have been 9 times (all pleasure) and each time we had our rooms for less than US$110 a night...aside from the few nights we were overlooking the harbour (Sheraton Towers).

That said, a bowl of wonton soup at Tsim Cha Kee on Wellington or some Xiao Long Bao at Crystal Jade or even Fu Sing will set you back a few US$, but comparing it to nice local dining in Toronto even or other 'world' cities and Hong Kong is not bad.

Naturally, you can spend a few hundred easily on a nice meal at Tin Lung Heen or the tens of other Michelin starred places, but eating well and staying cheap, plus mass transit and the excitement from the location should be more than enough to make it worth it for a MR! Plus, no visa fee (assuming American/Canadian) helps quite a bit.

-jeremy