FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GRU RCC has the worst club facilities on the planet
Old May 12, 2013, 9:05 am
redtailshark
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by kyushuman
At GRU now. Hadn't read much though did see some negative threads re the RCC, so I headed straight for the TAM First Class Lounge. Lovely little place, nice shower facility, good-quality wines and hard liquor, small selection but good quality hors d'ouvres and fruit and cheeses. It's very calm and classy, I'd say.
So if you can get in, this is the place to be.
Edit: On my way to the gate, I stopped at the UA RCC. It was HEAVING with people at 8:30pm. I found one table. Staff were doing OK, but several food trays and drinks bottles were empty and waiting to be replaced. Also, when I checked in, the agent recommended I go next door to the TAM First lounge. What in the world is UA going to do with F pax after TAM leaves for OneWorld later this year? That RCC is a complete zoo.
I was in GRU on Fri and will be back tomorrow. I used the JJ lounge by Gate 2 - which doesn't say First class, I thought it was a regular *G lounge but still, much as you describe. Better than the RCC/UC.

It won't be good when JJ leaves Star.