FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Newb advice] NYC to Paris using MR to upgrade
Old May 8, 2013, 12:42 pm
treeflyer

Programs: MR, CO, VS
I have a similar question to this one [Newb advice] NYC to Paris (RT) using MR

I have been lurking on the forums for years, but don't have too many miles. Thanks in advance for your help. I have about 111,000 points through Amex MR. I wanted to travel RT to Paris with my bf this month (May 2013) or next (June 2013). I've been reading the various posts. Do you have any advice on a reasonable MR redemption + payment for miles? Wanted to save money on tickets - currently looking at $1100 RT/pp on SAS, but perhaps it doesn't make sense to redeem points for a trip to Paris.

I have a regular Amex Gold and have a handful of miles on CO, VS, Amtrak Guest Rewards, and Cathay Pacific. Perhaps it's time I get a SPG? I don't spend or travel that much, so weighing that vs a Fidelity Amex (or other option).

Thanks for your help and hope that I can contribute in the future. My only comment is that if you need to take Amtrak in the NY region, searching the forums is a good way to find some discounts - there's an I Love NY promotion until May 28 - http://www.iloveny.com/What-To-Do/Re..._discount.aspx.