FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - History of conversion bonuses for MR->BA and MR->VS (UK based Amex Gold)
Old May 7, 2013, 9:00 am
ankomonkey

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
History of conversion bonuses for MR->BA and MR->VS (UK based Amex Gold)

Hi,

Quite new to FT and just earning my Amex Gold sign-up bonus, so apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam.

I have a use for these MR points in both my BAEC and VS FF account, with VS probably needing them slightly more so would take priority in the absence of any conversion bonuses.

I plan to cancel the card before renewal (when the annual fee kicks in). Obviously, if a conversion comes up and I choose to leave it then I risk another one not taking place until after I need to ditch the card. I'm basically trying to work out if a BA bonus comes first should I take it or risk waiting to get a VS bonus and it not coming before I close the account.

From past experience, how often do conversion bonuses come along? Do they ever come along together or always separately (eg never more than one FF at once)? Do certain FF schemes always have better bonuses than others? Do FF schemes (particularly BA and VS) usually seem to offer the same bonus amount for all of their bonuses or does it tend to vary? Finally, do Hilton H Honors ever offer conversion bonuses for Amex MR points?

Thanks for any insight...