FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013
Old May 5, 2013, 9:04 am
Frequent_Flyer1

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Was in GF on Friday evening (3rd May) and was able to experience the new catering for the first time. In general, I have to echo the feedback so far. It seems that the new team is not quite up to the job yet; they were running out of champagne glasses (one member of managment was walking around and franatically searching for used glasses) and the Poached salmon was also not available (out of stock).

The buffet options seemed quite meager and looked pathetic IMHO. They tasted fine but certainly not much better than the food by the former caterer. The Beef Bourguinon and the Mustard Chicken was on offer, with two bowls of rice. The Pasta with basil and tomato sauce was rather ordinary and would make more sense in GC than GF. My real complaint is that they only proactively replace the dishes once the bowl/container is nearly empty. Come on!

However, the dessert options have improved quite a lot and are certainly welcome! The Baked Sicilian lemon cheesecake as well as the lime pie were fantastic, well done!

I also ordered from the menu, first the Classic Caesar salad then the Szechuan chicken with wok fried vegetables. The Salad was fine. As mentioned by others before, the portions were rather on the small side. And the little bowls of the chicken dish made it quite a challenge to eat avoiding any stains on a tie Was still hungry so did order the burger too; they were running out of potato wedges and chips werde delivered instead. Nevertheless, the burger really tasted great (and it was warm). Good quality bread as well. So definitely an improvement and this dish has moved from the buttom to the top spot on the list to order

Summing up, I've to say that in general the quality of dishes available has improved (not quite sure about the buffet part, but well). However, I think they should definitely work on the logistics part (running out of food & glasses should not happen) and improve on the availability of light dishes.

By the way, if you are looking for chips, they are no longer available at the usual space in the center of the lounge, by the champagne/wine selection. Instead you have to trek through the lounge to the bar where the bottle of blue label is located.

Let's see how it goes on for the next month but currently I'm still inclined to title this as a reduction in choice.

Some pictures: