FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ADVICE NEEDED: LH not honoring UA MP mileage award
Old May 3, 2013, 2:13 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by Boghopper
If you can't get the new business class on LH, take the SFO-FRA option, or maybe from IAH if that's the CO BF seats.
I think it is insane to go from SFO to FRA via IAH instead of direct from SFO.

Originally Posted by jkellyplan
While LH was patently unfair and the senior management "arrogant" (this according to the senior UA who assisted me), the matter has been brought to a resolution a few minutes ago.

UA contacted me to inform me she had a conf call w/LH USA and Frankfurt people who basically said "NO", they will not reinstate, but will "waitlist" me. They admitted to UA that the waitlist was a pretty poor chance to come through. UA said thanks but no thanks and terminated the call. UA admitted to me that this was a pretty unprofessional encounter and was herself not happy w/LH at all.

She happily accommodated me on my choice of UA metal, so I selected LAX-SFO-FRA on the early eve departure for a 3pm arrival in FRA on their 744 in C class. All forward seats taken on the upper deck except for aisle in front of the restrooms (first row), so I selected that seat as opposed to facing "backwards".

Thanks to all of you who wrote in offering advice , I really LOVE FlyerTalk!
Thank you for following up with us.

There have been endless posts here from people who have described failures in SHARES that result in UA messing up bookings with partners.

To understand the "arrogance" of LH, I'd suggest that you put on their shoes. They probably get several hundred calls every day from UA agents trying to blame LH for what really is a UA problem.

Also it never was clear to me that they ever confirmed. Did they confirm and give you a PNR then pull it back? Or, did they just not confirm what you requested in the first place?

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 3, 2013 at 3:56 pm Reason: merge