FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:23 pm
Chinatrvl

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
IC Alpensia Pyeongchang

IC Alpensia Pyeong chang

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Minibar scam, bad hotel.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Cheapest, got executive suite

How are the rooms?
Large standard two room suite. Small bedroom, large bathroom with tub and shower (yet only one sink). Large walk in closet. Large living room with dining area, couch.
Very nice design, well maintained.

All other suites have two bedrooms, so getting upgraded wouldn't be much of use.

How is the exec. lounge?
Closed for the season

What was good and what was bad?
Good

- Nice staff, very personal service (considering there were about 3 rooms occupied...)
- Very nice hotel, espec. restaurant with dining and less formal fireplace area. Large lobby lounge with outdoor seating, fireplace: Coffee all you can drink in the afternoon for a mere 5 €
- Good food at the "Italian" restaurant and attentiv service (well, the only guest...)
- Alpensia resort is nice, apart from the humongous HI complex, there are several restaurants (incl. chicken and Hof), shops and supermarkets, indoor waterworld, tobogganing etc.
- Car is highly recommended, parking is free, isolated area.
- Bottle of red wine as gift

Bad
- Hotel has no pool (my mistake, should have checked)
- Spa was closed (my reason to go there, so not happy about it!)
- Wifi slow and unstable
- In winter, the way from the ski lockers to the lift could be quite a hike.
Edit
At 7 pm, some staff knocked on my door to check the minibar - in order to remove any alcohol because I am a Royal Ambassador. What a disgrace!

Value for € or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Good value, espec. during the low season. Due to minibar, won't ever set a foot in this property again.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; May 1, 2013 at 3:49 am