FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Activating Iberia Plus account in order to transfer BA Avios
Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:23 pm
David-A

Programs: MUCCI
Firstly your account needs to be BOTH active AND also at least 90 days old to use 'Combine My Avios' to move Avios points between your accounts in the three different loyalty programmes that use Avios points.

So, if you opened your IB+ account less than 90 days ago you won't be able to use the function yet, even if your account is active.

How to get it active:

Buying 1000 (the smallest amount) of Avios points when logged into your Iberia Plus account should do the trick and is probably the quickest.

Other methods, credit something to the account - i.e. 'earn' inside your IB+ account. They quickest method for this is probably a transfer from another loyalty programme, so transfer some hotel points, or credit card points.

I notice you have Amex Platinum in your profile, do you have any Amex Membership Reward points that you could send to your IB+ account?
(Remember they need to go to your IB+ account direct, to be earning, and make it active)

If you are prepared to wait for a couple of months, you could 'try' this freebie route:
http://www.ukpoints.com/2013/04/26/w...50-free-avios/

But it sounds like you want them sooner. If you are in a rush, do a transfer: Amex MR > IB+, or some hotel points > IB+.
If you are in a real rush, buy 1000 Avios inside your IB+ account.

Last edited by David-A; Apr 26, 2013 at 4:34 pm