FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our First Photo Trip Report: ORD-CDG-FRA-ZRH-DUS-IST-MLE-SIN-HKG
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:51 am
flyhen

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
2. UA 942

After the luggage check, we were appalled to find out how long the "priority security" check line was at ORD. Apparently, TSA has been letting everyone in. And unfortunately, the whole process took an hour to get over with. By the time we were at the United Club in Concourse C, it was barely enough time to use the restroom before our boarding time, 5:20pm. And for some other reason, by 5:50pm, we were still standing at the gate waiting to be boarded. If they would of made any announcements, we would of tried to new shower facility in the lounge.

A view from seat 6A, facing back. The after dinner sundae cart.

Luckily, things turned around when we were on board. Contrary to our previous UA Business experience, which was so-so, the crew was fantastic! We ordered the Cod and Steak dinner. But half way through the dinner, Mrs. Flyhen was ready to go to bed, leaving me enjoying the rest of the food alone...

Steak dinner, a bit over cooked, but wasn't bad.

Cod dinner, Mrs. didn't like it, but I loved it.

The whole flight was uneventful. And that's a good thing. No screaming child, just excellent service, as I finished the dinner with a cheese plate and port and sundae while catching up on some reading on the iPad mini. I even managed to get a few hours of solid sleep before we were over Dublin and was treated with a sunrise.

And before you know, 8 hours went by fast, we were at CDG.
The airline that eluded me.

The rest of the above set photos can be seen here.

Last edited by flyhen; Jun 9, 2013 at 2:18 am