FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:55 am
kleinms

Programs: AA Gold (4 life), Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold, IC RA
Thumbs down IC Budapest

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Ahh!

What room did you book and what did you receive?
3 nights, 1 on points and the second 2 nights (large river view king) using the 2for1 option
Allocated 1 bedroom river view suite for all 3 nights WITHOUT club access. Charge for club access for 2 people was 70 euros, which we paid. Was never given the option of a regular room with club or a suite without club until we went to the club to ask the cost. A little late to change rooms after we had unpacked. I have a feeling I never got offered the club versus suite as the hotel appeared to be fully booked given a large conference. The only room available was most likely a suite. (The day before arrival my reservation did show club river view suite. Not the case at check in). I booked the 1st night on points as the price was over 260 euros given the hotel being highly booked. The other 2 nights on the 2for1 were 230 euros (so 115/night).

How was the Club Lounge?
Club was very good. Constant offering of food and non alcoholic beverages throughout the day. Very good offering at breakfast in the club. Cocktail hour was one of the better club offerings I have seen, but it truly was 1 hour. Not Paris, but pretty good. The lady at the club was about the only helpful person in the hotel. Found the staff somewhat unhelpful.

Value for money?
Yes and no. Would have preferred friendly, helpful service and recognition of status. Everything seemed to be an unwanted favor when asking ie directions, tours, etc.

Fruit in room?
Yes, and still water replaced daily.

Welcome gift?
1/2 Bottle of red wine.

What was good?
Club and lady at the club front desk.

What was bad?
Front desk staff, no recognition of status. Having to fight about my bill at 6am in the morning (leaving for airport) when I found random charges and charges for wi-fi and mini-bar. Mini-bar offering has no alcohol aside from 2 beers. I don't drink hard alcohol much, but still should be standard. Apparently, you can ask them to bring it to your mini-bar. Don't know if it is free for RAs if brought.

Bathroom was terrible. Extremely small. It makes the standard bathroom at the IC Barclay look like a suite. Room otherwise is fine with a fantastic view of the castle.

Would you stay again ?
Probably not. Would try the Sofitel next door if I ever come back. Both hotels have a very good location.