FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:50 am
pyxis

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Surprisingly, yes!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the cheapest, received a Junior Suite. Thanks to Flyer Talk, I had mentally prepared for the fact that we were unlikely to receive Club Access, which made things a lot easier - as I knew what to expect!

How are the rooms?
I have stayed here once before, and didn't like the room at all. This time, we were in the opposite Tower. The Junior Suite was stunning - totally my taste. Nicely decorated, new, clean, super spacious and comfortable. Sitting area and a desk big enough to seat 4 for dinner! Separate bathroom (also new and spacious). Nespresso machine, fantastic mini bar - very well stocked

How is the exec. lounge?
No access

What was your welcome gift?
A block of chocolate made locally with honeycomb from the IC Melbourne rooftop, and 2 glasses of Penfolds redeemable at the bar

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes - 3 Granny Smiths (which is fine if you love Granny Smiths!! )

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- Fantastic Junior Suite
- Great mini-bar - large selection of water (various sparkling waters - my fav!)
- Checkout - Manager was FANTASTIC, a pleasure to talk to

Bad
- No Club Access (but, again, as I was expecting this, it wasn't a devastating blow at check-in!)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Ummmm. Yes, the RA benefit of an upgrade to a Junior Suite and the mini-bar makes it value for $

Would you return?
Yes, but further to my comment above, I wouldn't be staying here for the standard price per night without RA benefits