FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2013)
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:40 am
pyxis

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
InterContinental Sanctuary Cove

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the cheapest, received a Marina View with Club Access

How are the rooms?
The room was dated and tired, but still pleasant and clean. This hotel was formerly the Hyatt Sanctuary Cove, and I was aware it had been around for a while. Our room was spacious, with 2 queen size sleigh beds, desk space, two lounge chairs, and the bathroom was also roomy. Private balcony, beautiful views over the water. The resort grounds are wonderful, they *almost* remind me of Bali.... The resort has a 'posh golf / country club' feel to it - but in a good way!

How is the exec. lounge?
The Club Lounge is a little odd.... Whenever we were there, there was only one staff member who often wasn't even in the Lounge - busy running back and forth with plates etc. We visited for afternoon tea and evening canapes, afternoon tea was great - sandwiches, salad, sweets etc. Evening drinks included wine and soft drinks only, no spirits - I had to pay for my drink. The canapes were an odd mix of gourmet finger food / sausage rolls / spring rolls / sweets. Nonetheless, it was pleasant. I did notice that they only serve food once, so if you come later on and there isn't much left, too bad.... someone asked for some spring rolls as they were all gone, and the staff member courteously apologised, explaining they only provide one serve per evening. Breakfast is served at a main dining area with a generous buffet setup

What was your welcome gift?
A metal IC branded tin filled with faux grass, an IC golf tee and an IC golf ball

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- Upgrade - lovely view
- General feel of the resort - very relaxing
- Valet parking - $15 / day, was only charged per night rather than per day
- Location - Sanctuary Cove is like a small private luxury enclave, people drive buggies around, you can see wildlife roaming around.... perfect for a relaxing getaway

Bad
Nothing really! Perhaps the fact that it's not easy to get to from Coolangatta Airport - you really need to hire a car. If you arrange shuttle bus transport or similar, it may be hard to get around.... Apart from a small Sanctuary Cove Marina, there isn't too much else within walking distance of the resort. This is a popular wedding venue - on the Saturday, there were 5 weddings, and 4 more on the Sunday. If crowds aren't your thing, perhaps stay away or plan carefully....

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Fantastic value - cannot wait to return

Would you return?
Yes, for sure