FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The points and miles blog business model
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:48 am
brooklynmatt

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WeddingSpend
I would think it's neither out of principle or stupidity that he did what he did but a smart business decision. His readership base is probably more valuable to him then the affiliate links and by posting an article like that, the readership grows and remains loyal. Had he done the opposite, he may have lost readers. This is a guy that talks about passive income and retirement . . . I really don't think he would make a stupid business decision on purpose. In reality, it's probably closer to what Milesabound said.
What, that he wasn't sincere and was actually passing off a story about his morals when really he just failed to get with Chase? Possible.

I'm sticking with the point that it would be stupid to burn your affiliate links when you could have worked something out AND maintained integrity. If a person cannot find that balance then they left something on the table. It doesn't matter how informed your articles are, if you cannot balance egos and negotiations then i'm not impressed.

Of course, if it was all a crock and he actually is posting affiliate links then what does that say about integrity?