FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:08 am
Rocco7799

Programs: Delta SkyMiles FO
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist:20600171
Originally Posted by dEagleS
This certainly will be helpful. Especially in planning how much extra time to allow at the airport, if you have a high probability of knowing whether you got it or not.

I am surprised, though, that the TSA is allowing the passenger to know up to 24 hours ahead of time whether they likely got it or not. They seem to be all for the security through obscurity scheme.
I'm wondering whether the printed line on the boarding pass just means that one is enrolled in PreCheck and should be allowed by the DL line dragon to go to the TSA document checker in the PreCheck to see whether one gets the three beeps. It then would just be a verification for the line dragon rather than having to convince the line dragon of eligibility verbally or by showing an elite card or a GE/NEXUS card, assuming that the line dragon even recognizes these and knows what they mean.

I'd be surprised that OLCI will print out the equivalent of the infamous 3 in the bar code indicating that one can indeed use the PreCheck lane on the given day.

I suspect the reference to random screenings refers, for example, to the "random" beep or flash on the metal detector that results in the chemical residue tests of ones hands when using the PreCheck lane.
Agreed. Especially now that I've seen separate lines for Pre-Check and Sky Priority.