FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Short miles for award, What about transferring from another account? Alternatives?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:03 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamesbondc
Hello, seniors I am a noob please advice me the cheapest way to transfer miles from my mom's UA account to my UA account.

so I have decided to book with United using 40,000 miles one way from TPA to DEL. Currently I have 34,000 miles in United and my mom has 8000 miles in United. I am thinking of taking 6000 miles from her account.

I was looking at Points.com and I believe their transfer fee is 10 dollars for every 1000 UA miles. Is it safe to transfer miles on that site and also how do you do it ? I think there it gives option to post a trade, if someone else clicks on that trade they can get it and I will be screwed ? I just want to transfer 6000 miles from my mom's UA account to mine. Thanks in Advance.
I think UA charges $15 per 1000, but I believe its instantaneous which I dont think Points.com is. So you can call up and let the agent know what you want to do so they can hold the seat

If you plan on purchasing a tkt back, It will probably cost more for the 1 way then if you purchased a round-trip tkt. If you are planning to buy your way back, Id suggest you price the tkt and then decide if you still want to keep to your plans. Not coming back or will use a different alliance to get back no prob