FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla reload broken PIN scam reports
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:29 pm
thisisyourlife

I suspect they changed the way they process these claims as they have no other way to verify if you are the good guy or bad buy.

I really do hope they catch these guys soon.

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
Yesterday, I got two more bad VRs from CVS in Atlanta with the last four digits of the PIN missing. Once again, I called Incomm customer service right away, within minutes of completing the transaction at CVS and scraping off the PINs. This time, although the Incomm rep informed me the money was still on the cards, he did not agree to move the money to my BB account by phone. Instead, he froze the cards and required me to send in copies of the cards and my receipt. He said I'd get new PINs within 72 hours, but we'll see if they come through that quickly. They turned it around quickly the last two times, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

By the way, avoid the CVS on Altanta Road/Bolton Road (inside the perimeter not far after Atlanta Road changes names to Bolton heading south). I've gotten 6 bad VRs there and only 2 good ones. I had stopped going there, but passing it on my way back from Nuevo Laredo yesterday (best Mexican restaurant in Atlanta, by the way), I decided to drop in and grab a couple. It was a mistake, obviously, because now I'm tied up with the paperwork to get my money back.