FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - hotel says I don't have a confirmation but I do
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:57 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by linzie
HI There - Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have learned so much from all of you. I need help now. I have learned enough to know that what is happening to me is not right. I made a reservation 3 weeks ago at the Residence Inn Omaha for May 3rd. I am platinum with Marriott, and made the reservation online. I had another reservation, which I cancelled, to stay at the Marriott, we are loyal Marriott travelers if at all possible. When I saw a room available I grabbed it. Fast forward to this week. Res Inn Omaha calls and says that it was a computer glitch. Their computer continued to sell rooms even though there were no rooms available (it is the Berkshire Hathaway meeting weekend). They tell me I don't have a room. They are trying to find me a room some place else, but no luck yet. I explained I was platinum and would like to stay at the hotel and I have a printed confirmation from them. She explained that the computer continued to sell the rooms to more than 25 platinum members when there were no rooms left. When I asked about compensation for being "walked", she said that I never had a room to begin with.......Any advice from the experts???? Can they just say I don't have a room and ignore my reservation?
Contact customer service and explain the situation and that the hotel is refusing to honor the Plat Benefit (ultimate reservation guarantee, you are entitled to a nice check, ultimate certificate for a free room anywhere in the world and a comparable room at another hotel in the area at the Residence Inn's expense)...btw I'm certain the hotel continued to sell rooms even though they didn't exist...but it's up to the hotel to control their inventory (ie wasn't a technical system issue, sounds more like a human system issue to me...someone wasn't watching things)

Last edited by socrates; Apr 11, 2013 at 5:04 am