FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - hotel says I don't have a confirmation but I do
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:19 pm
linzie

hotel says I don't have a confirmation but I do

HI There - Long time lurker, first time poster here. I have learned so much from all of you. I need help now. I have learned enough to know that what is happening to me is not right. I made a reservation 3 weeks ago at the Residence Inn Omaha for May 3rd. I am platinum with Marriott, and made the reservation online. I had another reservation, which I cancelled, to stay at the Marriott, we are loyal Marriott travelers if at all possible. When I saw a room available I grabbed it. Fast forward to this week. Res Inn Omaha calls and says that it was a computer glitch. Their computer continued to sell rooms even though there were no rooms available (it is the Berkshire Hathaway meeting weekend). They tell me I don't have a room. They are trying to find me a room some place else, but no luck yet. I explained I was platinum and would like to stay at the hotel and I have a printed confirmation from them. She explained that the computer continued to sell the rooms to more than 25 platinum members when there were no rooms left. When I asked about compensation for being "walked", she said that I never had a room to begin with.......Any advice from the experts???? Can they just say I don't have a room and ignore my reservation?