FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Using Aeroplan points to upgrade to next class for Europe
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:16 pm
mountaingrl

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by ovelesky
thank you thank you mountain girl - definitely helpful

Maybe another dumb question - but using aeroplan points can I buy TK or Swiss air flights? When I search on Aeroplan website I don't get any options for Business class only - I keep getting business + economy combinations and primarily for Lufthansa and AC.
Yes you can redeem for flight on TK and LX but is depends on availability. Some of us will look a year in advance to book a reward ticket as that is when many of the airlines release their award seats. If you are truly looking for YYZ-ATH you may want to book a year in advance to get J seats (look for Feb 2014 and you will see more availability). But some airlines also release seats closer to date of departure - just to add to the confusion (more specifically LH will release F seats approx. 2 weeks before departure).

You still have a lot to learn so start with this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-mini-rtw.html
- it will give you an idea about other search tools for your reward flights like using Expert flyer (fee), KVS (fee), ANA tool, using UA.com searching for blue saver rewards.

An example of a routing that would have low YQ to ATH would be YYZ-EWR-ZRH- ATH with the first 2 legs on UA and last on LX. Sometimes you will have to call and speak to an agent if you find a routing that works for you (and has reward seats available) if it does not show up on AE.com and pay a $30 reservation fee.

Last edited by mountaingrl; Apr 5, 2013 at 2:25 pm