FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Second Anniversary Asian Adventure: UA Y, LH F and C, OZ C, TG F and QR C
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:54 pm
macdonaldj2

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
MUC – ICN LH F

I slept fairly well that’s largely in part to the jet lag or the alcohol, again knowing how warm and toasty Lufthansa like to keep the cabin I did not plan on getting sleep. We woke up around 7, I loaded another season of breaking bad on the tablet, freshened up and headed down the s-bahn. The hotel was in a great location for our needs.

Hotel View:

The hotel allowed us to purchase the train tickets directly from them and we would just need to validate them at the station. We were also allowed to charge them to the room I appreciated the how easy and convenient everything went. The train took around 50 minutes to get out to the flughafen, we got off and meandered through MUC looking for the LH F check in. After located the check in area we attempted to actually complete the check in process, this was easier said than done. The agent informed me that we were not able to check in due to the fact we never flew the FRA-MUC leg. Imagine my confusion on that, so physically standing in front of her I asked how I got to where I am. I thought about wormholes, the amount I drank the day before but everything pointed to me actually flying there. It seemed when we were being ushered past everyone the day before the gate agent never scanned our boarding pass. The check in agent made a phone call to someone, some German was spoken some typing occurred, this repeated for a few minutes until everything was cleared up. We were cleared through security and headed off to the FCL where the duck hunt was on once again.

Again I went for the bath:

The nice attendant left two ducks for the two ‘children’ I may or may not have yet, don’t judge. Post bath/shower I enjoyed an omelette with as many cured meats as they could fit in. A few calls were made back the states to inform loved ones of our current position in the world and then it was time to board. We walked out of the lounge and the gate was around the corner.

D-IAFF

Now you’re probably sitting there going why didn’t I just go directly from MUC-NRT, well that route was serviced by new F about 20% of the time when the ICN route had 100% new F. We would also arrive to NRT at the same time we would have if we took the direct flight. Boarding soon commenced, and I said I wouldn’t be drinking on this flight due to the previous day, that soon went out the window when the wife ordered a mimosa. I had champagne as we settled into our seats. The load was 4/8 this afternoon so everyone had an extra seat/bed to themselves. Before I had realized I heard Captain Klaus (no joke) say ‘TAKE OFF NOW’, I assume the Germans are very direct, as I started to remove my clothes I was pinned back in my seat and we were airborne.

Look at those hot legs (joke):

Cabin view from our seat:

As Americans I only assume that this is North Korean propaganda:

Menus were distributed: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-class-79.html
Amuse Bouche:

Sadly I enjoyed the napkin presentation more than the starter.

Table set up with Caviar and of course the Tower:

Scallops and green pea ‘mash’

Sushi:

Asian Style Carrot:

My wife ordered an Erdinger, so I did as well :

Carrot Soup with North Sea Shirmp:

Lamb:

Pêche Haeberlin

The meal was fantastic; the carrot soup was the outstanding portion of it all. After lunch my wife decided she wanted lie down for a ‘nap’ for about 6 hours, I decided to watch more Breaking Bad and head over to my window seat and stare out of the window for a few hours.

Usually a champagne glass:

In case you wanted to see what Minsk looks like from the air, I know you do:

Soon everyone followed my wife into slumber and I was left with no view as I needed to close the shades. I ended up watching a season of breaking bad. I did try and sleep with no luck which I was alright with it because it helps me get over jetlag when I get to Tokyo. Everyone woke up for Breakfast around 4am Seoul time, no pictures and not memorable. On approach I was hoping to snag a picture of the DPRK, but it was pitch black so I was unable, I also learned that you could not do this as I assume it’s illegal? Overall the flight went well and before we knew it we were transiting through ICN. Next time a brief 2 hour jaunt on an OZ 744 to NRT.

Last edited by macdonaldj2; Apr 5, 2013 at 10:11 pm